The Office of Civic & Community Engagement offers support, resources, and guidance to students interested in organizing for social change. Students convene to discuss local, national, and international issues; advocate and stand in solidarity with marginalized populations; host speakers, panels, and campus events; and form groups to explore issues of identity and justice.
The Social Justice Incubator (SJI) is a space for students to collaborate, engage, and organize around issues of social justice. It’s mission: to provide a space for students to gather and organize and host events connected to issues of social justice
Located in the basement of Kitchin Residence Hall, the mission of SJI is to provide a space for students to gather and organize and host events connected to issues of social justice. Anyone is welcome to reserve the space to host events that are aligned with the mission of SJI.
Use the lounge to:
- Convene, gather, and support each other
- Discuss national and campus issues
- Form dialogue groups around issues of identity and justice
- Host speakers, panels, and other events
- Organize actions and incubate ideas
- Educate the campus community about issues of social justice
- Screen documentaries, form reading groups, and convene art