For the first time ever, members of the community are invited to be in the room for this year’s Wake ‘N Shake!
This Saturday, March 19 from 8-10 p.m. ET, Wake ‘N Shake cordially invites you to join in on the largest student-run philanthropy on campus by tuning in online with Imaginate Events. As members of the Wake Forest community participate in the 17th annual 12-hour dance marathon, viewers will have access to event highlights, the ability to interact with other members of the WFU community, and more!
This is a drop-in virtual event – come and go as you please, or your schedule allows. Pre-registration is required for entry and is available free of charge.
Students established the Brian Piccolo Cancer Research Fund in 1980 in memory of Brian Piccolo, the former Demon Deacon and NFL football star whose professional career was cut short due to cancer. Piccolo died in June 1970 at 26 from embryonal cell carcinoma, his story was captured in the movie Brian’s Song. Since the fund began, the WFU community has raised over $4.9 million for cancer treatment and research at the Comprehensive Center at Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist.
Schedule of Events
- 8:00 PM – Meet the Wake ‘N Shake 2022 Exec Board!
- 8:10 PM – Welcome from Wake Forest President, Susan R. Wente and Director of the Comprehensive Cancer Center, William Blackstock.
- 8:20 PM – Hear from the first Wake ‘N Shake “Champion” about their journey with cancer.
- 8:35 PM – Live interviews from students dancing at the event! *Donate to hear from a student of your choice
- 8:40 PM – Participate in the annual Pie in the Face contest! *Donate to pie a student of your choice
- 8:55 PM – Hear from the Wake ‘N Shake “Morale” Team and check in on the energy of the dancers!
- 9:00 PM – Live performance from the Wake Forest acapella group, the Demon Divas.
- 9:10 PM – Live interviews from students dancing at the event! *Donate to hear from a student of your choice
- 9:15 PM – Learn this year’s group dance taught by the Wake ‘N Shake Morale Team!
- 9:30 PM – Honor past Champions who have shared their journey with cancer.
- 9:35 PM – Hear from the second Wake ‘N Shake “Champion” about their journey with cancer.
- 9:45 PM – Members of the Executive Board answer the question “Why WNS?”
- 9:55 PM – Final Fundraising Push! Who can fundraise more in 5 minutes, in-person vs. online audience?
- 10:00 PM – Closing Remarks from our Student Directors.