The Social Justice Residential Engagement community provides intentional programming experiences for undergraduate residents through various Office of Civic & Community Engagement initiatives.
By participating in the residential engagement community, students will:
- Analyze a particular social justice issue within the context of Winston-Salem.
- Identify and explain power structures and root causes of social inequity.
- Engage in organizations and programs related to service, social justice, and civic engagement in Winston-Salem.
- Collaborate with peers to meet team goals.
- Reflect on beliefs, values, and attitudes related to community engagement and articulate a clarified sense of civic identity.
- Synthesize theories on leadership, mentoring, and cultural competence.
- Reflect on personal and academic goals as they relate to the service and residential experience.
Interested in joining the Social Justice Theme House? Let us know!