The Social Justice Residential Engagement community provides intentional programming experiences for undergraduate residents through various Office of Civic & Community Engagement initiatives.
By participating in the residential engagement community, students will:
- Analyze a particular social justice issue within the context of Winston-Salem.
- Identify and explain power structures and root causes of social inequity.
- Engage in organizations and programs related to service, social justice, and civic engagement in Winston-Salem.
- Collaborate with peers to meet team goals.
- Reflect on beliefs, values, and attitudes related to community engagement and articulate a clarified sense of civic identity.
- Synthesize theories on leadership, mentoring, and cultural competence.
- Reflect on personal and academic goals as they relate to the service and residential experience.
Interested in joining the Social Justice Theme House? Let us know!
SJ Theme House 2020
Become the SJ Theme House Advisor
Applications for prospective Theme House Advisors are due Feb. 19, 2021
Become a SJ Theme House Member
Applications for prospective Theme House Members will be available on Feb. 22, 2021, and close on March 22, 2021.
Questions? Contact Deb Marke